Thursday, May 23, 2013

MESSAGES

MESSAGES

I still see the messages in my phone I haven't erased from you
I should erase them but I can't bring myself to
I keep thinking to myself: what's wrong with me?
I can't I stop thinking about you and finally be free?
Everyone you said you loved me was merely a lie
You said you'd never let me go but you did, why?
You said you would never hurt me but you ripped out my heart
Remember when you said that we would never be apart?
I believed you like a fool and look at what you've done
I'm still waiting for the end of this torment to come
I read them again and again but I can't stop myself
I know I'll never be able to find someone else
You were my only shot at love and now that's gone
Wounded and hurt, alone I'll just have to move on
I still can't bring myself to delete these old words
Maybe this pain is what I truly deserve
A warrior without a heart I'll be for as long as I exist
Floating in and out of depression's fog and mist.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment