Wednesday, May 22, 2013

THE WRONG CHOICE (ONION BREATH)

THE WRONG CHOICE (ONION BREATH)

Working and thinking about what to eat at lunch
A delicious hot dog seems to be the hunch
Finally the time comes and it’s time for my break
Head out to the streets, hope I’m not late
Go to the vendor, get a hot dog, extra onions
And I think I’ll get a small bag of funyuns
Ahhh, that was a meal was so superb
Everything’s going great, it could be worse
Then I turn the corner and what do I see
There’s this woman who wants to meet me?
Oh no, now’s not the time to have onion breath
Man I wish I bought some gum before I left
Only one chance to make a first impression
This moment is going to increase my depression
After walking away, I wanted to break into a run
This could have been avoided if I had some gum
This would only happen to me, that’s just my luck
A first impression ruined, man do I suck.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment