Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THE CRY OF MY ANCESTORS

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THE CRY OF MY ANCESTORS

I have not forgotten the cries of the fallen
The ones who walked the trail of tears
I still think about them often
The spirit of the sky still calls my name
As I hear the ancient war cries
As they fought against the men that came
And sadly many of them died
But their spirit never dies, I still hear the call
As they call me back to the ways that I know
An ancient slave marriage linked me to them all
And I feel the ancient warrior glow
Times have changed but I’ll always remember
As I think of the ancient tribal fire
And it slowly burns down to embers
The Blood of a slave and the heart of a chief lies in me
This is why I’m so proud of my past
When I close my eyes I will always see
My ancestors, from the first to the last.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment