Thursday, May 23, 2013

THE CRUEL JOKE

THE CRUEL JOKE

I can’t believe it, she’s coming my way
Wow, today is going to be the day
This is happening right before my eyes
It’s a dream come true, I just might die
She sits next to me and I feel so nervous
I think to myself, I just don’t deserve this
She whispered in my ear: “I really love you.”
No way, this is too good to be true
But then in my ear she started to laugh
“Of course I don’t love you, you stupid ass!”
Everyone is laughing and once again a joke
An object of amusement, I have no hope
I get up and leave, with tears falling down
Once again I become the public clown
But everyone’s laughing except me
I wish that people would leave me be
Dreams crushed again, this is what I expect
Sadness will follow me until my last breath
My head in my hands, I can only just cry
And mutter to myself, “Why?  Why?  Why?”
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment