Monday, May 20, 2013

NOT UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS

NOT UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS

I didn’t know I was living for you
At least that’s what you think
And I still wonder what did I do
To push you over the brink
Was it something I said?
Was it something I did?
You messed with my head
But I’m not your kid
I opened myself up
That was a mistake
Now everything’s fucked
This I’m not going to take
I’m living life for me
So you don’t approve
But this is all I can be
What do you want me to do?
You stabbed me in the back
That I’ll never understand
Actions can’t be taken back
Done by your own hand
Don’t wish me peace
That’s not what you want
You only want to see
Me have feelings that haunt
You keep on talking
But for me I’m done
I’ll keep on walking
Until the setting of the sun.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment