Tuesday, May 21, 2013

THE NIGHTFALL OF HOPE AND SUNSHINE

THE NIGHTFALL OF HOPE AND SUNSHINE

I had a smile on my face, now it's gone
Now I get to hear you go on and on
You have broken down another part of me
You cause nothing but pain, can't you see
I was smiling, I was just beginning to recover
And you come back just to start it all over
Goodbye good times, welcome back bad
There goes the freedom that I once had
I'm a slave to sadness once again because of you
Because you just don't understand when I say we're through
I guess you just want to see me in misery
Darkness and clouds will be my legacy and history
I guess I was stupid for thinking things would get better
I'll always be the loser with a higher capital letter
Sometimes I wonder why I bother with anything at all
Life is just a dark castle as I roam it's blackened halls
Everything was fine until you came along once again
But I knew the sunlight would come to an end
Here comes nightfall, I embrace the shadows
The cold feelings come back and chill me to the marrow
But I know this feeling, I know it all too well
Stuck once again in my own personal he'll.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment