Saturday, September 1, 2012

A WARRIOR'S OATH

A WARRIOR'S OATH

I will fight for love and honor into the endless night
For the ones that matter to me, even if it means my life
My sword will become my silent deadly friend
And we will stay loyal until the bloody end
In this night of battle I shall stand and be brave
To look death in the eye and won't be afraid
I shall sing in victory or fall in death
I will fight for the ones that matter until my last breath
If I die on this field, throw me on a pyre
Let my story of battle blaze in the fire
Sing the ancient songs as ancestors welcome me home
In the golden halls, where the brave warriors roam
Reunited once again with the runes of old
The ones who fought dragons and always stood bold
To the ones that matter, this is what I spoke
Before I rode in battle, the warrior's oath.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment