Friday, September 14, 2012

SOMEDAY (WISHFUL THINKING)

SOMEDAY (WISHFUL THINKING)

Someday I'll be able to lift my head up high
To gladly throw my hands up to the sky
And be able to smile and laugh all day
But right now things just aren't that way

Someday I'll be able to enjoy my life
To cherish every day and stay out all night
And be able to have fun without any anxiety
But right now that's impossible in today's society

Someday someone will see the beauty in me
To see who I am instead of my looks that's ugly
And maybe then true love will find a him but right now I'm just cold and alone

Someday I'll finally be able to move on
To see these issues disappear and be gone
And then maybe I'll be able to say
Today is that day and it's no longer someday.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment