Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SWEET VICTORY, BITTER DEFEAT

SWEET VICTORY, BITTER DEFEAT

The dust clears, I have lost it all
Many brothers lost along the way
I never thought that here I would fall
On this clear and beautiful day
The wound is deep as I gasp for breath
As my life bleeds out of me
I have accepted my fate and prepare for death
My ancient ancestors I see
I fought my best, I'm satisfied
I'm not dying afraid
At least I know my beautiful wife
Will not live as a slave
I see my brothers, with swords raised high
Triumphant in victory
I turn my head and look at the sky
What a wonderful sight to see
Everything is feeling cold I know my end is near
Give me my sword and burn me with fire
And sing about me in song
I must close my eyes, I feel so tired
How long must my pain go on?
I can't catch my breath life's closing the door
And all I see is black
My body is done, it can't take no more
The universe is taking me back.....
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment