Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ELANIA'S SONG

ELANIA'S SONG

When I saw her, my heart stopped
The universe itself stood still
Eveyone would stop and watch
The Fire Maiden that lived on the hill
Elania is her name, she's a goddess to me
When I first saw her I fell in love
I would slay dragons for her and lay them at her feet
Just to look into her eyes and see the stars above
But who am I?  I'm just a normal blacksmith
She would never look at me that way
I say no in my mind but my heart can't resist
To gaze upon her beauty each and every day
I shall forge a sword that will fight for her glory
In my daydreams this seems so true
A tale of love not told since the ancient stories
As we ride a dragon into the skies of blue
The wind dances around us as she embraces me
She whispers into my ear and gives me reasons to live
Beyond our world she helps me to see
For her love everything I had I would give
As she walks by she gives me a glance
I give her a smile as it seems like a dream
Maybe I should speak up and take the chance
To tell her how much she means to me
But who am I?  I'm just a blacksmith who forges swords
A common face that blends in the crowds
I should speak up and say the words
That she is the sun even on the days there's clouds
Elania, you're the only maiden I can think about
The rest don't come even close when compared to you
My heart believes that you, I can't live without
And my mind believes that this is true
As she fades away from view, my day has been made
I have seen the Fire Maiden that lives on the hill
A smile is on my face as I forge the next blade
Hopefully my heart's desire will one day be fulfilled
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment