Thursday, September 20, 2012

UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

Here they bring me into the court of the king
They beg of me to kneel and kiss the ring
The Queen tells me to accept the holy cross
Beg for forgiveness and my life won't be lost
But I'm a Heathen, proud and brave
I shall never break down and accept their ways
Knights surround me, grab me by the neck
They try to force me to kneel and make me confess
The Heathen rage burns strong within my blood
They want me to look down at their golden rug
I look them in the eyes, they will never break me
They preach love but hate in their eyes is all I see
They call me a savage but they invaded our homes
Slaughtered many as they piled up the bones
All so our Heathen sins can finally be cleansed
At what point does all of this madness end?
They throw me in a cell and beat me sensless
"Kneel to the cross savage, only you can end this!"
I did nothing at all to be treated in this manner
Between the blows I think our mighty Hammer
And the warriors before me that refused to fold
My beautiful homeland and the ancient ways of old
Even beaten and bloody I can lie in this cell and smile
As I think of the stories I learned as a child
The mighty Stone Breakers, the old ones of fame
Our heroes of the land, too many to name
Hope fades as each day comes and goes
But I refuse to stay sad and drown in my woes
The thoughts of vengeance keep me alive in this cold cell
Give me a sword cowards, I'll show them their hell
They don't realize the beast they have awoken
I shall stay defiant, unbowed and unbroken.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment