Saturday, September 29, 2012

UGLY IN A BEAUTIFUL WORLD

UGLY IN A BEAUTIFUL WORLD

A monster by nature with looks so twisted
Sometimes I  wish I  never existed
In a world of such beauty with beautiful people
I'm so ugly and will never be their equal
I must stay inside so I don't hear the laughs
Until vanity in this world is a thing of the past
Locked away for my own good, too ugly to be outside
I wish I could be beautiful then I wouldn't want to die
Sometimes I wonder why I was given this curse
To be so hideous and feel nothing but hurt
Wearing hoods low so no one sees my face
Every moment in public seems like a big mistake
I feel like a freak, I want to run and hide
I wish that I could look more pleasing to the eye
But I am a beast and it's all in genetics
I look at myself and think I'm so pathetic
I take comfort in the emptiness of my home
Destined to be loved by no one, a lifetime all alone
I'll never know the feeling of what it's like I be wanted
Eternal sadness is in my soul, my bones forever haunted
As I look outside, I see the rain starting to fall
Being ugly in a beautiful world isn't easy at all.
©2012 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment