Tuesday, July 23, 2013

BIRTHDAY GIRL

BIRTHDAY GIRL

You're far away but I still think of you all the time
I'm hoping that I'm also on your mind
Today is the day that you turn a year older
But you're still so beautiful and even more bolder
I wish I was there to celebrate with you
I should be on a jet, flying into the blue
To be there with you as you blow out the candles
And to be there when you drink more than you can handle
But if you fell, I would be right there to pick you up
And into the early morning we would talk about stuff
It would all be just like the way it was before
Life has kind of sucked since you're not around anymore
And even though you're far away in another country
I can still hear your voice and the nicknames you called me
One day we will come together once again
And at that time we will become much more than just friends
I should have told you how I felt before you left
At telling my feelings I should have been more deft
But it's too late now and you are somewhere far away
I would tell you everything If I saw you today
Even though you're on the other side of the world
I just want to wish you a Happy Birthday, girl.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment