Monday, July 8, 2013

THE GOLDEN HAIRED GODDESS IN THE RAIN

THE GOLDEN HAIRED GODDESS IN THE RAIN

Just another cloudy day, as the rain pours down
I was making my way walking downtown
Lost in my own thoughts and my imagination
When I saw something that became a fascination
She was walking, coming out of a phone store
She looked like some woman straight from folklore
Hair that was spun from gold, she had me mesmerized
A Goddess like this in my small town? I was surprised
Her eyes were stunning, it was something from a dream
I'm standing there, speechless, what does this mean?
My dreams came true in the middle of the sidewalk
If only I could have mustered up the courage to talk
But I said nothing as she walked by
I just turned the music up and let out a sigh
In my own world, I'm a warrior fighting without fear
But a woman can make me nervous when she comes near
Things always turn out different when it comes to real life
As I walk on in the rain and think of this poem to write
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment