Sunday, July 21, 2013

IF YOU SAW ME, YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT

IF YOU SAW ME, YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT

Words behind a computer are merely words
They mean so much more when it's actually heard
So when someone says behind a screen that I'm not ugly
They wouldn't say that if they really saw me
I know what I see and what people have said
They're only nice to me just to mess with my head
But when I'm seen in real life the hammer drops
Hurtful words are said but I'm never shocked
How come no one in real life has said anything good
Why do I have to hide my ugly face behind a hood
Even in the heat of summer I have to hide my face
Because this world can be such a vile and cruel place
It's easy to say behind a screen that I'm not ugly
But I know you wouldn't say the same thing if you really saw me.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment