Sunday, September 1, 2013

DON'T TELL ME (UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND)

DON'T TELL ME (UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND)

Don't tell me to snap out of it
When you really don't know shit
When you really don't understand
The kind of person I am

Don't tell me that it's all in my mind
When I'm being called ugly all the time
You can't understand how it feels
When words of hurt cut like sharp steel

Have you ever been called an ugly ape?
Words that filled you up with so much self hate?
Words that made you think the worst of people?
Words that made you think everyone was evil?

Don't tell me to get over it, you know nothing about me
I wish you could see what my eyes see
I don't see someone special at all
I just see a loser who's destined for a fall

I don't deserve love, I deserve to be alone
I don't deserve a family, I deserve an empty home
I deserve nothing but this endless emotional pain
Something that I could never explain

Don't tell me everything will be okay
It's just the same old thing day after day
Don't tell me what I should say or do
Because you don't know what I have been through.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment