Sunday, September 1, 2013

WORDS OF HURT OVERHEARD

WORDS OF HURT OVERHEARD

You didn't think I heard you but I heard what you said
I don't know if this is a way to get in my head
If you hated me so much then you should have said something
Instead of being nice to my face and saying nothing
You think I'm crazy, then say it in front of me
Don't say it behind my back to start controversy
This is why I would rather stick to myself
Don't talk to others about my mental health
Because I see a therapist, that makes me insane?
Do you have any idea how those words cause such pain?
Obviously you don't because I'm going because of you
You're far from perfect and you make mistakes too
You have a real nice way to kick someone while he's down
Maybe it would be better if you never came around
Instead of telling me that you missed me so much
Don't talk behind my back, just be quiet and hush
And telling other people about me who don't know
But then you smile and hug me all for a big show
I don't need that in my life, I'm going through enough
Thanks for ruining my mood with your corrosive touch
It was a good morning, but not anymore
I wonder what other sneaky things you have in store
Family matters should stay with family and that's it
It's an unwritten rule that you broke and you thought I'd miss
Whatever you say about me comes back somehow
But at least I know I can't trust you with personal stuff now
Don't ask and wonder why I never give you a call
Don't be so nice to me when you don't care at all
There's no one that cares about me but I always knew this
I know that hope in this world is useless and hopeless
But now that truth has been fully affirmed And I'll never forget this lesson of pain that I learned.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment