Sunday, September 1, 2013

DREAM VS. REALITY

DREAM VS. REALITY

The dream would be living in a fantasy world
Where legends of old were told to boys and girls
A beautiful world filled with magic and steel
A world I could live in that I wish was real

The reality is that I'm stuck on a dying earth
Where there is no love and every day gets worse
It always seems like everyone is a ticking time bomb
And I wonder how much longer this madness can go on

The dream would be finally finding someone who cared
To come home from work and she would be there
A woman that's strong and stirs my soul
When I look in her eyes she makes me whole

The reality is there is no one in my life
I'm a lonely loser who will never have a wife
No one could love this ugly face of mine
I'll be alone until the end of my time

The dream would be able to sweep her off her feet
Time would stand still when our eyes would meet
I would finally find the one meant for me
The one who I would think of as I drifted off to sleep

The reality is that we will never ever be
Eyes blurred by endless tears until I can't see
I was so close to happiness and it fell away
This sad reality looks like it's here to say.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment