Monday, September 23, 2013

HER WHISPERS

HER WHISPERS

In the dark, all secrets are revealed
She has broken down my wall of steel
The protection is gone and my heart is exposed
My emotions are there, everything now shows
She knows all about the sadness I have inside
She knows everything that I try to hide
She knows how worthless I feel in this place
She knows that I think I have an ugly face
She knows all the pain and every dark thought
She knows that the self esteem is naught
But instead of beating me down a little more
She heals the wounds that have been open and sore
She whispers that I'm not ugly and have a beautiful soul
She whispers words that begins to make me whole
She whispers that I'm special and I'm not worthless
Words that gives a nobody like me some kind of purpose
She whispers these words in my ear as she pulls me close
Helping me face the pain that hurts me the most
She looks me in the eyes and refuses to turn away
She sees it all as my insecurities melt away
She whispers, she cares
She whispers, she's there
She whispers to me what I have been waiting to hear
And now because of her whispers I can face anything without fear.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment