Monday, September 23, 2013

THE UGLY TRUTH

THE UGLY TRUTH

I'm no hero in the world I create
I'm just a loser filled with self hate
I'm no strong Viking with a sharp sword
I'm just nothing, used to hearing hurtful words
I'm no handsome gentleman, sweeping women of their feet
I constantly get rejected by every woman I meet
I'm just a broken man just trying to cope
On the edge of madness, losing all hope
Eating the pain away but it always comes back
I'm on a road to ruin and I'm traveling fast
Not caring, I have nothing to look forward to
Empty days alone with nothing to do
I hate living this way, there's no point in life
Long walks with headphones on in the middle of the night
If there is a God, can't you see me suffering?
Can't you see how long I have been struggling?
It's useless, I might as well be talking to myself
I'm alone in this world, there is no one else
Life is supposed to be wonderful but it feels like a nightmare
Where people are cruel and nobody ever cares
I look inside and find nothing worthwhile
Just an ugly human being, disgusting and vile
I'll never find love because love hates me too
I guess in my lonely world there's only one thing to do
Stop daydreaming and hoping and see the ugly truth
There's no special someone waiting for me
There's no bright future for me to see
My only hope for rest is the day I take my last breath
To embrace the sweet darkness that comes with death.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment