Sunday, September 1, 2013

WHEN A VIKING CRIES

WHEN A VIKING CRIES

Tears of pain stream down my face
News I didn't want to see come to light
Hard to control this endless ache
When she finally lost her fight
She was brave until the end
No matter what she always smiled
Such a sweet woman and a true friend
She believed in me when I was a child
I can't believe she's gone but never forgotten
But at least she will no longer be in pain
Crying until my tissue is sodden
Teardrops dropping like a downpour of rain
She stayed so strong in the face of cancer
She ended up fighting and won
To die so suddenly, I'm looking for an answer
That can be found by no one
I never had a chance to say goodbye
And that's what really strikes me and hurts
Through the tears, I keep asking why
Are you gone from this earth
Enough tears, time to rise and face another day
Life keeps moving and I must move too
And you wouldn't want to see me this way
But I'm really going to miss you.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment