Monday, September 2, 2013

I GIVE UP

I GIVE UP

You have won, I give up
I'm beaten down, I have had enough
Forget about dreaming, they've all been crushed
And everything always seems to be out of touch
More bad news on this stressful day
I wish I had wings and I could just fly away
I want to be far away from the position I'm in
But that's not possible, this madness will never end
I'm throwing out the white flag, I'm just done
Nothing but bad news has been what this day has become
People always say that things will get better
But all I keep seeing is nothing but stormy weather
Nothing will get better, things will only get worse
Sometimes I question the reason of my birth
Was it really to live this life of bad news and misery?
Is this how I'm going to make my mark on history?
So much for hope, there's no use for it now
Stressed about everything as I look at the clouds
I give up, I'll be stuck in this rut for life
As it slowly turned my warm heart as cold as ice
Dark skies overhead and I'm waiting for the rain
My life will always be filled with emotional pain.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment