Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ALONE IN MY WAKING NIGHTMARE

ALONE IN MY WAKING NIGHTMARE

Here I am, in the dark, thinking of her again Knowing she never thinks of me this way
The pain cuts deep, feelings I wish would end 
Wishing these memories would just fade away
The stars of the night and moon is the only light I see
Thinking too much about something that's impossible 
I wish I could run away from these feelings inside of me 
But I can't, my emotions are unstoppable 
I wish I never looked into her eyes, as beautiful as they are
I wish I never heard her voice, that stops the constant pain
I look down at my arm that has numerous scars 
Having feelings that just can't be explained 
The muted sounds of cars passing by breaks the silence 
This pen feels like a thousand pounds in my hand
I'm a sad fool, stranded on my own solitary island. 
This void that longs to be filled I can no longer stand 
Wanting something I will never have, the story of my life 
I should have never let my guard down and let her in 
Constant regrets haunt me as my mind wanders off in the night 
The feelings of worthlessness slowly start to begin
I'm so stupid, I know no woman wants a beast 
Then painful truth sends me deeper into despair 
The night goes on as the sadness continues to increase 
As I silently plead for the ending of this waking nightmare. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment