Wednesday, October 30, 2013

STRAWBERRY BLONDE

STRAWBERRY BLONDE

So you have come to trust ruin my day
As I'm trying to relax and enjoy my day off
But that's not happening, please go away 
I say your name like an old nagging cough 
I was once fooled by you, I was that dumb 
I thought that there really was something once 
But now for you, my feelings have become numb 
You're not playing me again like I'm some kind of dunce 
I fell for those slick lines that you once used
Thinking that we were really going to be together 
But you turned around and hurt me, left me feeling abused 
I cut you off, I'm done with you forever 
So now you text me to say you're engaged
After what you've done, do you think I care? 
I'm not your little pet that you can lock in a cage 
Your words are a toxin that poisons the very air 
You hurt me several times, I'm not falling for this again 
I moved on in life, please leave me alone 
You broke my heart, we will never be friends.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment