Wednesday, October 30, 2013

MORNING DREAM

MORNING DREAM

There she was, right in front of me
A beauty in a dream, sound asleep 
I woke up next to her, a dream come true
For this gift, I now know what I must do 
I go downstairs to cook her a surprise 
I finished, went upstairs and as she opened her eyes 
She was greeted with a meal and a smile 
For her, I would walk in a storm for many miles
Finally, I have found someone that heals my soul 
She gives me peace that I have never known
I'm grateful for this moment that I spend with her
I have forgotten the years of loneliness that once were
She's worth it all, she deserves to be treated like a queen
But I woke up alone and realized that it was just a dream
Waking up to a harsh reality that coffee can't fix
The truth hurts so much and I hate living like this 
But I know that this is reality and it will always be this way
Now to put on the fake smile and pretend everything's okay
Even though everything is hurting inside 
But I hide it all and give a smile that's wide 
Wishing for something most people take for granted
Wishing I had a chance to be that hopeless romantic 
But I know that no one will ever want to be with me
And only dreams of happiness will be all I ever see
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment