Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE HORROR IN THE FITTING ROOM

THE HORROR IN THE FITTING ROOM

I only want to do my job
I didn't sign up for this 
Now my sleep will be robbed 
My memory is beaten with a wisk 
I should have knocked 
Before I opened that door 
But my eyes were rocked 
For the horror in store 
All I could say was damn 
This isn't what I wanted to see
I didn't want to see another naked man
Why did this have to happen to me? 
Slamming the door, running out
Coworker laughs like it's funny 
A high pitched screech escapes my mouth 
This definitely isn't worth the money
As he walks out, I can't look at him the same
We both ignore what happened earlier 
As people stare at me like I'm in insane 
Afraid to go back in as the fitting room gets dirtier 
I just want to go home and forget this day 
That was the figurative icing on the cake
Silent until the day ends, had nothing to say
I don't know how much more of this job I can take.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment