Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE TWIN

THE TWIN

He seems to go wherever I go 
It seems like he's silently stalking me 
And loves to be around when I feel low
I try to hide from him but I can't escape 
He knows my every move, he knows my self hate 
He was with me when someone called me ugly 
He was with me when she said she no longer loved me
In my lowest points, he was always there 
But for some reason he never seems to care
He slumps over like me when I succumb to tears 
He's seen every depressing moment year after the year
He is the ugliness that resides within myself He's the twin that damages my health 
I wish I could be rid of him but he never leaves 
He just silently stays, despite all the pain he sees
I turn of the light and it seems like the end
But the very next day, my twin will be there again. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment