Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ENDLESS DAYS

ENDLESS DAYS

What day is it now? 
I can't remember 
What month is it now? 
August or September? 
What's the time is it? 
Day or night? 
Stay longer?  Bullshit! 
This job isn't my life! 
Day is finally done 
I can get out of here
I see the shining sun 
That I can't go near
Trying to do my job 
A kid calls me fat man
Yes, I know I'm a fat slob 
I'm doing the best I can 
Leaving tired, a worn out mess
With nothing to come home to
Working endless days with stress 
There's nothing else I can do
No reason to live
Except to just work 
No wife or kids
I'm just a lonely jerk
Don't give me the same song 
People have it worse than  you 
I hear it all day long
But I have a different view
Until you have felt the crush 
Of feeling dejected and alone 
Please say nothing and hush 
You don't know what I have always known
One day I'll go mad
It's the only outcome 
I'll lose any sanity I have 
My mind will be undone
No time for that, break is over 
Back to the relentless grind 
The worthless fat slob of dover
Is slowly losing his mind. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment