Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FUTURE REGRETS

FUTURE REGRETS

I see in these darkened halls my future before me
Looking through this glass that's broken and stained
There I am and I'm as lonely as could be
It looks like a future with heartbreak and pain
Looking at the past, seeing if I could have done more 
Maybe things wouldn't have to be this way 
I'd I only told her she was what I was living for 
I stayed quiet when she became engaged 
As I had a fake smile on my face on her wedding day 
And in the future I'm sad and alone, occupying space 
Drowning in my sorrow and slowly wasting away 
Wondering at the possibilities that could have been
Why didn't I say something when I had the chance? 
I merely said goodbye when I should have poured out my heart 
It's my fault I'm alone in this cold corner stand 
And it feels as if my soul has been torn apart
He was the brave one I was just a coward
As I looked back at my lonely life 
I would be hand in hand with her at this hour
If I told her everything that eventful night 
But of course I blew it, I should have known 
A loser is what I am as I hide the tears in the rain
And now I walk off, hurting as I make my way home 
As I flushed my entire life straight down the drain 
My future self believes that love is nothing but malarkey 
Overwhelmed by sadness, I could have been him 
As I have future regrets as I look through a glass darkly 
©2013 Darryl Mouzon

No comments:

Post a Comment