Wednesday, October 30, 2013

CALM IN A STORM

CALM IN A STORM

Raging and screaming are heard through the place
He's lost his temper and he's getting in my face 
All because he couldn't get one simple discount 
And to get what he wanted he had to pay the full amount 
It's not my fault, I don't make the company rules 
You have no right to yell at me and call me a fool
If this happened years ago, I would have been screaming too 
At the top of my lungs I would be scraming: "Fuck you!" 
But I have changed since then and I have became much calmer 
As he rages in, his words don't touch me in my armor 
I let him rage and reply with kind words 
I could have told him what I thought he deserved 
But no longer will I get upset over something so small 
He's the one who really looks like a fool in this mall. 
As he finally storms away, I just had to laugh it off
As he marched off with a huff and a scoff. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment