Wednesday, October 30, 2013

EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

She smelled like a mix of cinnamon and ivory soap 
A beautiful scent that smelled like heaven 
She had sparkling eyes that gave me hope 
And the pain inside of me began to lessen 
She had a smile that could warm the coldest night 
It made me smile too and put me at ease 
She had a laugh that gave the world life
And put my worries far behind and I was at peace
She had a mind that could set the world afire 
A rebellious soul is what she had inside 
An entire nation she would be able to inspire
But it's just us here in this field open wide
It wasn't the way she looked
It wasn't her body shape
It was more what she learned in books 
That made her so great
It wasn't the color of her hair 
That her look like a queen 
It was how she warmed the air 
With heat shimmering around her like a dream
It was everything about her
That made me write this poem
It was everything about her 
That gave me feelings she'll never know. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment