Wednesday, October 30, 2013

THE UMBER BEAST FROM BEYOND THE MIRROR

THE UMBER BEAST FROM BEYOND THE MIRROR

I can see him from beyond the mirror, it stalks me with a smile
In a green forest as it runs free in the wild
I touch the mirror but I can't get to the other side
The umber beast clearly wants me to die
It sees me as weak and wants me for food 
This evil monster is up to no good
Every time I look, it gets closer and closer to me
I close my eyes afraid, my death I don't want to see
I hear it coming closer as it stalks me in the grass
An ancient beast that was locked away in the past 
And now in the mirror is where it hunts and stares 
I can't look away, my movement is impaired 
An evil smile is now spread across its face 
It knows it has me caught between time and space 
It charges at me, its long claws ready to kill
I try to scream and run but I can't, it's beyond my will
Right before it gets to me, the umber beast disappears 
And I'm by myself, alone, there is no one else here
The horrid beast is just a figment of my imagination
The beast was inside me to my harsh realization. 
I'm the one tearing myself apart inside 
It was me all along as I start to cry 
In the empty silence my sorrow begins to consume 
Swallowing me whole, as I turn the lights off in this room. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment