Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I WAS THERE

I WAS THERE

They kicked you down and laughed at you. 
I picked you up. 
When you had those thoughts to kill yourself,
I told you not to. 
When the rest of the world said you would be nothing, 
I told you to not listen to them. 
When you were jumped and beaten up, 
I helped you heal. 
When you were rejected time and time again, 
I comforted you as you cried. 
In your darkest times and lonely hours, 
I was there to keep you company. 
You wanted to give up, 
I gave you a reason to keep going.
When you didn't have a car and walked to work, 
I walked with you to keep you company.
In the rain and snow when you were lost in your thoughts, 
I was there to calm your mind. 
You're like a child to me, I watched you grow You have survived the struggle and so much more
I'll never leave you my son, as long as your alive. 
I will pick you up when you fall until the day you die. 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone 

No comments:

Post a Comment