Wednesday, October 30, 2013

YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ME

YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ME

I'm alone for a reason
It's hard to explain
I'm bitter in all seasons
I'm full of pain
You don't want to hang out
You want to know me, that I doubt
No one knows the half of my story
I stay silent about it and keep it to me
I keep the fake smile on my face
While my mind is in a dark place
Just a day away from a nervous breakdown
When it happens you don't want to be around
I don't have a reason to care anymore
Really, why am I even living for?
Nothing to really look forward to
No one really wants to hear the truth
This is me, I can't change the way I am
But as always, nobody really understands
It goes deeper than reading some positive quote
Or something inspiring that somebody wrote
To change the way I think and feel inside
To change the thoughts going on in my mind
Eating myself to death but I can't help myself
It's my only happiness, I have nothing else
I guess I'm trying to fill that empty void in my soul
And just for a little while, I do seem whole
But after some time that feeling goes away
And I'll just fell sad the rest of the day
I don't like being touched or even being hugged
I don't talk to family, I don't like meeting up
I stay out of contact with people, I don't pick up the phone
And when I do, I tell people to just leave me alone
I don't want to talk about what's bothering me
It's so much deeper than what you can see
If I open that door, I'll never be able to close it again
And it will just lead me to my untimely end
So I just can't be what people want me to be
I'm one messed up person, you don't want to know me
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment