Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TAKE ME AWAY TO DREAMLAND

TAKE ME AWAY TO DREAMLAND

Another day of hectic work is done 
I'm so tired and my brain feels fried 
I stand outside and see the setting sun 
I'm so sad I feel as if I could cry
More reports of death and war on the news
The environment is totally shot to hell
I open a notice to a bill that's 2 days past due 
I have no money until pay day so oh well
I close my eyes and think about sweet dreamland 
A nice to get away from a world so cold 
A place where magic resides in your own hands 
Where all of my fantasies come to life 
Kingdoms and banners fly before me 
And far off I can see the towers of ice
That rise into the clouds for everyone to see I'm finally in my dreamland where magic and steel rule 
There's magical creatures of every kind 
Ancient dwarfs who built huge sculptures with their tools
Glorious carved statues that were made way back in time
For the first time I finally can have an honest smile
As I say goodbye to all the hate and pain that I see around 
If I only escape this cold world for just a little while
And escape the stress and the constant siren sounds 
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment