Thursday, November 28, 2013

AT THE END OF THE DAY

AT THE END OF THE DAY

Work is stressing me out
My boss just won't shut his mouth
He won't quit, he's always on my back
He just won't stop his verbal attack
But it doesn't matter because at the end of the day
I'll will see her and she'll wash the pain away
She was on my mind during the worst part
There's no doubt that she has my heart
Seeing her makes me grateful for having her in my life
Her voice alone makes all of my worries subside
I can open up to her and tell her how I feel
She can break through the walls that are solid steel
I tell her things I would never tell anyone else
I trust her with it all and know I'm not by myself
Holding her in my arms makes me feel so content
A day with just us is one well spent
She's drawn me out of darkness into a wonderful light
She has brought out the beauty of everything in life
She has opened my eyes and now I can see
The beauty that resides deep down in me
My soulmate, lover, my very best friend
I promise to be with you until my life's end
No matter how bad things are, I won't get washed away
Because I have you to look forward to at the end of the day.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment