Thursday, November 28, 2013

TAKE YOU AWAY

TAKE YOU AWAY

You tell me he's screaming at you again
Throwing things like some kind of beast
And with your newborn son, you want it all the end
But feel trapped as your will to live becomes so weak
But you must say strong for your newborn son
Your reason for living and the pride of your life
You called me because you needed someone
You're a queen to me and you aren't treated right
You shouldn't be talked down to and your phone constantly smashed
I don't understand why you would stay
He lowers you down and makes you feel so abashed
I just wish I could take you away
Come to me, I would give you a place to stay
But you say you love him and you say he doesn't care
I don't understand why you want to remain there
I can't change your mind, there's nothing I can do
But just sit and watch as he continues to mistreat you
If he dares hit you, he's as good as dead
I won't take back those words I just said
I'm a gentleman with sleeping rage inside
For a man who would beat a woman like he's out of his mind
But he hasn't  done that but I wish you would leave
But you stay because you love him, or that's what you believe.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment