Thursday, November 28, 2013

SOMEWHERE, SOMEPLACE

SOMEWHERE, SOMPLACE

Somewhere in this infinite universe
There's a happier me, living a dream life
In another galaxy where stars still give birth
As I gaze at the many stars late at night.
My other self is probably not alone and full of pain
Wishing for someone to care about him
Having empty feelings that are hard to explain
Keeping those feelings locked away within
He's probably with someone he can call his true love
Thinking about her as he goes along his day
Thankful for every second with her and thanks the stars above
That he found someone who always takes his breath away
Not every day is perfect but seeing her makes him smile
His down moods are lifted when he hears her laugh
They walk through forests hand in hand for many miles
Knowing when they look at each other that this love will last
I have finally found happiness and peace
The clouds have lifted and I only see clear skies
Sharing precious moments with her as the sun rises in the east
Falling in love with her all over again when I look in her eyes
Somewhere, someplace, there is a better me
But not here on earth where I feel worthless
Wishing and hoping for something that will never be.
I'm just a sad, lonely mark on the earth’s surface
The wounds cut deep and will never be healed
The truth of being alone forever stares me in the face
People say it's not true but this I know and feel
But at least there's a happier me somewhere, someplace
And that's enough for me.
That's enough for me.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment