Thursday, November 28, 2013

THE TRUTH IS HARD TO ACCEPT

THE TRUTH IS HARD TO ACCEPT

I try to deny it, but I know its true
The pain is almost too much to bear
I know the there will never be a me and you
Never will I see your lovely face near
All just fantisies in the far reaches of my dreams
None of it was ever real
Every kiss was a lie, as real as it seemed
The truth cuts deep and is sharper than steel
As much as I want it to be, I know it never will
Destined to roam through life without a heart
My sword and war is all I have to fill
The emptiness inside me that tears me apart
But I think of you, knowing there will never be the day
That we will become one in heart and soul
That's why I fight and knowingly throw my life away
I'll always be half alive, will never be whole
I wish I never saw you, but at the same time, I'm glad I did
Because I saw the beauty and grace of a queen
I should have kept my feelings for you well hid
Knowing I can't be with you seems a fate so twisted and mean
Alone I am with only my sword to keep me warm at night
Silently hoping you would come and be beside me
Warming a broken man who sees only dark and no light
But its just a hope that can and never will be
Loneliness will be my one and only bride
And sadness will be my woeful mistress
I only want to be a grateful husband to a loving wife
It will never happen, I'll be alone for as long as I exist.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone​

No comments:

Post a Comment