Thursday, November 28, 2013

BE "YOURSELF"

BE "YOURSELF"

You can only be "yourself" if you fake a smile
If you pretend to be happy all the time
Even though the darkness goes on and on for miles
And nothing positive exists in your mind
People only want to hear the good and not the bad
No one really cares how you feel
If you tell the truth, they just say: "Stop being so sad!”
Fake laughter and hide your true self behind a tight seal
Not everyone sees this world in rose colored glasses
But sees this world for what it really is
A world full of hate, sadness and pretentious asses
A sad place to grow up in if you're a kid
But don't speak your mind or people will say your wrong
They want you to be yourself but want you to change when you are
I'm tired if faking smiles and merely drifting along
I'm tired of fake happiness and hiding my scars
I'm tired of being called wrong for revealing the truth
I am what I am and that's a sad, lonely man
And that's how it has been ever since my youth
I just scrape by in life by doing the best I can
Beneath the pain a decent person does reside
I know what I am, but I wish the people could see
So I wouldn't have to always turn around and hide
When people keep telling me to stop being me
I'm not a positive person, I don't see the bright side of things
I don't see myself as handsome, I am an ugly beast
You don't see what's inside and you don't know how I think
No matter what people say I'll never find peace
What's inside of me is something that can't be fixed
I'm broken for life and I can't be repaired
I know the truth, life won't get any better than this
I'm the only one who understands my living nightmare.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone​

No comments:

Post a Comment