Saturday, November 9, 2013

THE WEDDING

THE WEDDING

A wonderful event of two souls coming together
Taking place in a large packed arena
Vows were exchanged, promises were made forever
The place itself swelled like it was suffering from edema
So many people came to see this event
Everyone walking hand in hand with another
But for me I had no one, I was independent
I had no wife, girlfriend or some unknown lover
Eating all alone with no one to talk to
Sinking and feeling lower than dirt
I couldn't wait until this evening was through
So I wouldn't feel all this lonliness and hurt
Talking and laughing is going on all around me
As I smile politely with no feeling or emotion
Joy abounds and that's all I can see
Everyone is happy with such commotion
It finally ends and we all leave the place
A storm comes and it starts to rain
Walking alone without an umbrella to shield my face
Getting soaked but I guess I can't complain.
I get in my car and sit behind the wheel
As all the other happy couples drive away
I'm unable to life my head, let alone feel
As I try to sob this empty void away.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment