Thursday, November 28, 2013

NOT OF THIS WORLD

NOT OF THIS WORLD

This is a place that I do not belong
I always wonder why I'm here
I'm not normal, I don't enjoy the same songs
That other people seem to hold dear
I have empathy while the rest of the world is cold
I remember love when the rest of the world forgot
Where the people who prosper are pretentious assholes
While the humble people of this world do not
Everyone's angry, wanting a reason to hate
All I really want in this world is peace
To finally find someone I can call a soul mate
Someone who will make all my anxieties cease
But there's no one in this world who thinks like me
I have looked all around this earth
My fate is that forever alone is all I'll ever be
Wishing my life was filled with mirth.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment