Thursday, November 28, 2013

YOU DON'T KNOW IT BUT YOU SAVED MY LIFE

YOU DON'T KNOW IT BUT YOU SAVED MY LIFE

Running to the bathroom with tears in my eyes
This is it for me, now I'm ready to die
In one hand I have a sharp knife
I have decided to take my own life
I'm tired of being so fat and ugly
I'm tired of never having a girl to love me
I'm tired of all of the laughing and the jokes
I'm done with it all, I have no hope
Someone told me I should shoot myself in the head
But I'll just slit my wrists and bleed to death instead
I'm sick and tired of always feeling such pain
With rage inside that I can't explain
I have to make the cuts nice and deep
And watch the blood until I fall asleep
A deep sleep that I'll never awake from
Because I never felt love from no one
But I was interrupted and had to answer the phone
There was no one here and I was home alone
And your voice was there on the other line
You saved my life in the nick of time
If you never called, I would have returned to the earth
You listened to me and told me I had some worth
You opened me up to a world that I never knew
I'm still alive today and I have to thank you
You took me to places I thought I'd never see
You never laughed when I told you what I wanted to be
You encouraged my love of Metal and Norse Mythology
You never said that it was wrong to just be me
Thank you for the books, thank you for the talks
Thank you for the discussions and the long walks
Thank you for always encouraging me to write
Thank you so much for saving my life.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment