Thursday, November 28, 2013

JUST AS EXPECTED (SHOT DOWN)

JUST AS EXPECTED (SHOT DOWN)

What was I thinking?
I'm such a fool
What was I drinking?
I'm such a tool
I'll be alone forever
That's my only choice
Happiness I'll find never
I'll be an empty void
This day should end
Right now I wish
Hurt feelings never mend
Sadness is my dish
I knew this would happen
It was expected
Going down like a captain
On a ship neglected
Forget it, I give up
I can't take this anymore
My life will forever suck
In this emotional war
Accepting this pain
Is so hard to do
Getting soaked in the rain
Being rejected by you
Let's just be friends
Is the line I hear
My heart feels spent
I need a beer
Never will find love
Never will find hope
Wishing to the stars above
At the end of my rope
Never again will I reveal
How I feel about someone
My heart will become steel
And I'll tell no one
Cutting off feelings
And feeling so numb
Staring at the ceiling
Worthless I have become
Heading back to work
Dejected and disgraced
My sadness once again lurks
I want to leave this place.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment