Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A WARRIOR'S GOODBYE

A WARRIOR'S GOODBYE

Goodbye my love, I'm leaving today
As I wipe away the tears that fall from your cheek
The Steel War calls me, you know I can't stay
You're a strong woman, I know you won't be weak
I'll come back for you, this is what I swear
You're the only one that's worth living for
I'll be thinking of you when I'm fighting out there
In this seemingly endless war
When the nightmares come and the tears find me
I'll think of you to soothe all of my fears
When swords, death and cold nights are all I see
I'll be silently wishing that you were near
I need one last look at you and your beautiful smile
And those eyes that make my heart skip a beat
That will keep me going as I travel those many miles
In the Iron Desert, where many surrender to the heat
But I'll be back, you can trust me on this
And I can't wait until I come back to you
I'll never forget our goodbye kiss
And I hope you don't forget it too
And now off I go, through a lonely open road
Until this war is done and I'm with you again
Soon it will all be over and they'll be no more foes
And this madness of war will come to an end
Until then, this is the beginning of our story
You have my heart for life
Once more I'll gaze upon your glory
Goodbye for now my precious, beautiful wife.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment