Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TRYING TO FIND A REASON

TRYING TO FIND A REASON

With all this hate and war on planet earth
It’s hard to find a reason to live another day
Is there anything that’s really worth
Going on in this world anymore?
What is the real reason why we’re here for?
Is it to see the endless pain and strife?
Is that really the whole point of this journey called life?
No kids, no one in my life to look forward to
Just a day of nothingness I have to get through
I just keep seeing more bad than good
I live in such an oblivious neighborhood
Thinking that everything is going to get better
But the days keep getting stormier and wetter
More threats, with lives of millions at stake
How much more of this news can I take?
I’m trying to find a reason to keep going on in this world
I’m trying to find a reason as more death unfurls
I’m trying to find a reason as more people die
I’m trying to find a reason while I keep asking why.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment