Wednesday, June 19, 2013

POPCORN CHICKEN

POPCORN CHICKEN

The secret code word that put me out of my mind
Now I'm racing home and making record time
And I'm wondering how she could do this to me
When I get home, I'm afraid what I'll eventually see
She doesn't know that I saw her online
So you told him that you're his for a bottle of wine?
So you really don't want to be with me anymore
Is all of this the reason in have been working so hard for?
I don't know what I'll do when I'm face to face with that man
Will I be civil or will I beat him into a coma where he stands?
I hear the voices of laughter as I approach my door
I came home early and I don't know what's in store.
I open the door and I saw the heartbreaking scene
I really wished that what I saw was merely just a dream
But it wasn't, it was a real life nightmare
And all they could both do was lie to me and stare
The rage fills my body and my pulse starts to quicken
And all I can think of are the words popcorn chicken
I don't know what happened next because I blacked out
But the cops said that I destroyed the house
I beat the man within an inch of his life
And ignored the screaming and pleading from my wife
He might not live, he's on life support
I guess this means that I'm getting a divorce
And a lengthy jail sentence from what my lawyer says
Something must have snapped inside of my head
I should have stopped, but my mind wouldn't listen
Because of those two code words, popcorn chicken.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment