Sunday, June 23, 2013

EMPTY GLASSES AND SHATTERED DREAMS

EMPTY GLASSES AND SHATTERED DREAMS

I sit all alone in the world and in this bar
Too drunk to drive myself home in my car
Trying to drink away this emptiness I feel
Numbing the pain from a dream I thought was real
What was I thinking?  What woman could possibly want me?
I should have stayed at home and avoided this scene
Every painful word I try to fade away from my memory
But my foolish heart continues to be my enemy
I only want to be loved, is that to hard to ask?
I look at myself through the glass and see that's an impossible task
Time and time again, getting shot down in flames
Being laughed at and called such hurtful names
Another drink should numb away the thoughts in my mind
Of ending my pitiful existence and leaving it all behind
Why live when there's no one to live for?
Is life nothing but sadness and pain or is there something more?
Slowly drowning in my misery and drinking my life away
Tears drop in an empty glass, the entire world turns dark and gray
If there's a God, why do you keep my worthless soul breathing?
In this state, I'm not alive, I'm just slowly leaking
Please, end this waste of a life and the self hate inside
If this is the rest of my life, please just let me die.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment