Wednesday, June 19, 2013

THE VIKING AND THE BANK TELLER

THE VIKING AND THE BANK TELLER

He strides into the bank, his sword held high
Someone who sees him yells: "Oh my!"
Everyone in line stares and the talking stops
Someone grabs their phone to call the cops
"There's no need to fear, I'm not here on a raid!"
"There's no need to worry or even be afraid!"
"I come here in peace, I'll put away my sword!"
"I mean no harm to anyone, you have my word!"
He strides up to the teller with ancient Gods by his side
He gives her a polite smile and looks her in the eye
The place is silent, the people are astounded
The couldn't believe what was happening, they were dumbfounded
The Viking was a gentleman, he meant no harm
He was quiet spoken and his smile was warm
He got his money and then he left
While people wondered and gasped for breath
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment