Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'M NOT HIM

I'M NOT HIM

He treated you like garbage
Every day with him was the hardest
He never treated you with respect
And out of nowhere, he just left
You were alone, broken and shattered
You thought nothing in life really mattered
The days of sadness turned into years
Barely a day passed by without your eyes filled with tears
You say you're nothing but I see so much in you
You're a strong woman for surviving what you went through
You closed yourself to the world but please let me in
He treated you so bad but I'm not him
I would never dream of hurting you in such a way
And I know I can't make the past just fade away
But if I had the chance, I would show you what romance is
I wouldn't take a day with your beautiful soul for granted
You don't belive me but I can understand how you feel
I would let my actions speak to show you I'm for real
All I ask is just give me a chance
So I can make you smile, sing and dance.
To make you forget those real bad times
I want to turn your life of storms into pure sunshine
He may have hurt you so much and made your future dim
I would build you up instead of tear you down because I'm not him.
©2013 Darryl Mouzone

No comments:

Post a Comment